Monday, April 14, 2008

6 months down, 1 trimester to go.

Well, there are days when it seems that time is flying by, and days when I don’t think it could go any slower. Today, I feel like time is flying by. It’s mostly because of the crazy weird dream I had last night.

I won’t share all the details, but I basically dreamed that I gave birth to little Cami now…3 months early. While in real life she would be just about 2 pounds, she was like a 4-6 month old and weighed somewhere around 10 pounds. I didn’t have anything ready, not a single diaper or outfit. No crib. No nothing. Needless to say, I woke up with a huge sense of urgency and a fear that time is going by way too fast. Maybe I’ll go buy a pack of diapers after work…

Before last night and my crazy dream that knocked some sense of reality into me, you could definitely say that I have been getting antsy. I know there is still a while to go, but as I start getting bigger and my ribs tend to feel like they are crushing under pressure, I do get a bit anxious. You don’t have to say it: “Just wait.” I anticipate a rough trimester. Thank goodness babies are so cute…

Okay. It’s time for Mrs. Optimistic to take over. At my checkup last week, everything was great! Her heartbeat was super strong and she even kicked the doctor’s little microphone thingy a few times. I gained another 5 pounds since last visit, which is right on track. (I just broke even about a week and a half ago from all the weight I dropped in the first trimester) Here’s a new picture of the ever-growing baby bump:

Until Next time…

No comments: