1. What is his name? Blair Ryan Brown
2. How long have you been married? We celebrated 2 years on May 6th.
3. How long did you date? Blair could tell you the exact dates, but I know we started dating like…third week of November 2005 and got engaged in February 2006. Or was it the end of January? Crap…So about three months before our engagement, and then about three months later, we were married!
4. Who eats more sweets? Me, for sure, but Blair does his share of snacking as well. We just snack on different things, and my snacks usually fall in the ’sweets’ category more than his do.
5. Who said I love you first? Blair did. It was actually in a letter. That first Christmas we had only been dating about a month, and Blair went to Utah to be with his family for Christmas, so everyday he was gone, he wrote me a letter for that day. He made a handwritten copy to give me at the end, but also sent each day’s letter by email so that I’d get it right away. He surprised me and ended up buying a ticket to come earlier than he had been planning (he had his original tickets before he met me…) So in the last day’s letter, he ended with an I love you. I was ecstatic! I had been so wanting to tell him that I loved him, but was determined to let him be the first, and it was driving me crazy, so when he said it, I was so so so happy.
6. Who is taller? Blair is just barely shy of 6 feet, and I’m 5′8″. Just perfect, if you ask me.
7. Who can sing better? We both love to sing, but I’ve done a lot more of it in my days as far as choirs and vocal lessons and all of that. It was always kinda my…hobby. So I guess it’s probably me, but he’s got a wonderful voice as well!
8. Who is smarter? I really did laugh out loud when I read this one. Do I even need to answer? Blair was valedictorian in his High School, got a degree from BYU in Chemistry, and is doing so so well in Dental School. I, on the other hand, am barely a sophomore with a handful of classes from three different colleges, and although I do fairly well in all I do, can’t compare to my wonderful Blair’s smarts. Thank goodness he’s gonna be the ’supporter’ cause we’d definitely be hurting if it was up to me. I sure lucked out in this category…
9. Who does the laundry? We both do. I’d say it’s pretty even. With him going to school and me working right now, just whoever ends up having some extra time gets it going. Sometimes, although seldom, a load will end up sitting in the dryer for up to a week before one of us gets the chance to fold it. That’s just the way it goes. Hopefully when I’m at home, I’ll have things like that more under control…
10. Who pays the bills? So, by pays the bills, does that mean “who makes the money that pays the bills?” or “who manages the budget and physically writes the checks and puts them in the mail?” At the moment, I make about 3/4 of what we live on and the other 1/4 comes from student loans (we’ll be solely on student loans in just one short month…eek!) And as far as budgeting goes, he usually takes care of keeping it all up to date, but we are both very much a part of it.
11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you’re looking at the bed, I’m on the right.
12. Who cooks dinner? Blair does more than I do. He’s just better. I’m sure that will change, but we have a rule that whoever cooks, doesn’t do dishes, and I think it’s pretty safe to say that he’d rather cook than do the dishes, so he usually volunteers. He also tends to get home before I do, so it just works out better that way right now.
13. Who drives? Actually, I usually do. I just really like driving, and Blair doesn’t care, so I usually grab the keys. I really like being in control…Lately, though, because of my current condition (chuckle) , I’ve been handing them to him. I figure it probably doesn’t look all that good when we get out of the car and people see the pregnant woman driving her husband around.
14. Who is more stubborn? Hmm…tough one. Probably me. I’m sure we both have our moments.
15. Who kissed who first? He kissed me. I remember being so excited that he waited until our 3rd date to kiss me. I had been kissed a little too quickly a little too many times, and knew that the guy I would end up with would take his time a little. It was a little bit of a qualification for me. If the guy kissed me too soon, then I had it in my mind that he probably wasn’t the one I would end up with. Blair did it right, though, and look where we are!
16. Who asked who out first? Blair asked me out. Our first date was to Harry Potter 4 and then to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert.
17. Who proposed? Blair. I knew it was coming, but the day it happened, I didn’t think he had gotten the ring yet, cause it was supposed to take two more weeks to get it, but he had found a way around that, and totally caught me off guard.
18. Who wears the pants? Blair. And he wears them very well…
So…. I guess this is where I tag people? Thanks to Marissa for tagging “everyone reading” so that I could fill out my first tag
I was hoping…
I tag…Rachel, Erin, Katie, Steph, and Jen.
Definitely don’t feel obligated, though!
No comments:
Post a Comment