Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Craft of the day

So after Music Makers today I decided I wanted to make something. I had seen this cute little thing at Stef's baby shower and had kinda wanted to copy it for a while now. Today was the day that I decided to do it. I had been wanting to go to Hobby Lobby anyway just to check it out, so it was a perfect fit. Hobby Lobby is AWESOME, by the way. I could spend HOURS in there!

So in about an hour, I finished this cute little 'blanket'. I was trying to think up cute names for it. "Minky Taggie Blanket" was the best I could do. (Oh, and I learned what 'minky' was at Stef's shower too...great shower, Stef!)

It's definitely not gift giving quality yet, but it's good enough for me and Cami.

The finished product: (it beats me why this thing uploaded the picture vertically. I totally took it horizontally. Oh well.)

8 comments:

Jessie said...

Cool project! I couldn't sew to save my life but hope to give it a shot in the next few months. My mom used to make us little spring jumpers and it was fun. Take your time but I can't wait to see your answers from the tag.

Kevin and Rachel said...

You MUST make me one! I was so jealous at the shower. However, I'm craftly-challenged. So cute. Great job!

Jodie said...

Oooh, I've been wanting to make one of these since I saw Gavin playing with his. I'm just too lazy or too cheap to go buy all the stuff (either that or I just can't brave the fabric store with my 2 kids just yet...!)

Great job!!

Nicole said...

How is Steph doing? Youdon't by chance have her info either? I needed to get ahold of everyone before I left Louisville! It's so good to hear about everyone. The blankie looks great, we have a similar one but not as fun:). Good luck.

The Mortenson Family said...

Okay, where is Hobby Lobby???

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

It's on Breckenridge right across from Norton Hospital. Between the Home Depot and the Bed Bath and Beyond, I believe.

Kelly Family said...

The blanket is sooo cute! your so talented Laura! I may need to get instructions from you :) Cami is so stinkin cute! I bet its so fun to shop for cute little clothes!