Saturday, October 11, 2008

A perfect day for camping

It really was, so even though our original plans fell through, we decided it was worth it to go anyway. We really enjoyed being outside in such nice weather. It was probably our last opportunity this year, so I'm really glad we went. I especially wanted to know how difficult it would be to have a 3 month old there with us. It went just peachy. We didn't have room in our car for the port-a-crib, but we worked it out...we just took the pad that we had from our bassinet and laid it on the ground on top of some blankets. At least while she doesn't roll around or anything, it works great. I was able to just grab her and feed her when she got hungry. Her hands got pretty cold, but every time I felt her neck, she was toasty warm. If it had been any cooler, though, we probably would have had to pull out the layers.

We went to Otter Creek mostly because it has a pretty cool disc golf course. We wondered how it would work having Cami in the Snugli. It worked fine (I blame her for my poor throws, though) but we decided after 2 holes that we were just too wiped out to wait 10 minutes between holes for the groups in front of us to finish. So we went home. It was a short trip, but we always have fun setting up all our gear and making our traditional sausage egg mcmuffins w/cheese for breakfast. Mmm...

Here's a couple more pictures:

3 comments:

Janis Arntz said...

Wow! You guys make camping look so fun and easy...which, I guess, it really is; at least the first part. I LOVE the pictures! I wish we had gone with you, but alas, I had to go to every dealership in town looking for a convertable we could use for the parade for Mr. Popular (Michael). We didn't have any luck with dealers, but I was able to get the Paddy Waggon (local Irish Pub) to agree to drive Michael & his "date" in their cute little Mini Cooper convertable...what's a good Mormon boy to do??? The parade is Thursday at 6:30...wanna come? :)

Katie said...

Looks so fun. We haven't been camping in forever. I don't know if I'm brave enough with the kiddos. Way to go!

RH I A NN A said...

that last picture gets me SO weak! i love it!!!!

glad you had fun, you cute little fam, you!