Oh, and I was thinking about this last night. Is it really necessary to get 'Christmas' gifts for a 5 month old (or will be by that time)? I mean...she won't know the difference, and I tend to just buy whatever seems to be something she'd like to have, when she'd like it. Like this Bumbo. I could have waited till Christmas, but chances are, she will be done with it shortly after (as soon as she can sit on her own, we'll put it away.) We'll be in Utah anyway, and I'm sure she'll get plenty from grandparents, aunts, and uncles anyway. Would it be wrong to just...not buy her anything? Maybe I'll get her a super soft teddy bear just so we can unwrap it...she'd probably like helping to tear the paper. Would that make me a bad mom?
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Cami's new toy
Oh, and I was thinking about this last night. Is it really necessary to get 'Christmas' gifts for a 5 month old (or will be by that time)? I mean...she won't know the difference, and I tend to just buy whatever seems to be something she'd like to have, when she'd like it. Like this Bumbo. I could have waited till Christmas, but chances are, she will be done with it shortly after (as soon as she can sit on her own, we'll put it away.) We'll be in Utah anyway, and I'm sure she'll get plenty from grandparents, aunts, and uncles anyway. Would it be wrong to just...not buy her anything? Maybe I'll get her a super soft teddy bear just so we can unwrap it...she'd probably like helping to tear the paper. Would that make me a bad mom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We didn't get Clark a present the last 2 years and are not planning on getting anything for Peter this year. I figure, he'll get enough from grandparents anyways. Plus, I don't need more unnecessary junk in my house. :)
This would not make you a bad mom. It would make you a practical mom, especially with the economy all crazy. For Aiden's first Christmas all we got her was a new outfit and some shoes (which she needed anyway) and let everyone else spoil her with toys. Thats there job right?!
Post a Comment