Monday, January 12, 2009
My poor girl
I knew she could move a little, but I never thought she was already in the stage where I couldn't leave her on the bed for even a minute. She was in the very center of the bed (I did that on purpose) and I turned my back to her to check my email. It hadn't been a minute before I heard a heavy thud on the floor and some seriously sad cries. She can't even roll from front to back, so she must have scooted her way off. I got some tylenol in her as fast as I could and rocked her for an hour or so. She fell asleep within 10 minutes, but I just couldn't put her down. I felt so bad. I know it's something that happens...and I know I'm not the worst mom in the world, but I can't help but feeling awful. Live and learn, I guess. I couldn't wait to go get her this morning and give her endless hugs and kisses. What's so wonderful is that she acts like nothing happened and gives me tons of smiles and giggles. I love that girl...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I SO know how that feels!!!
Luckily these babies are not as breakable as one would think. About a week ago I hastily put Paisley on the bed to use the bathroom. I don't want to be too graphic, but mid pee stream I heard her start to cry and I could tell that it was coming from the floor. I wasn't even gone for 1 minute...luckily a blanket broke her fall and she didn't really cry for very long. She instantly got over it.
I remember when Bentley fell off the bed for the first time and I was SO mad at myself for letting it happen I was like "I told myself I would never be 'that mom'!"...oh well, we all make mistakes, if this is the worst one yet, then these babies have it made:)
Oh, I so remember those days, both of my boys took a good fall from my bed and it does make you feel so, SO sad! Just know that it's happened to everyone, whether they'll admit it or not.
Yeah I have to admit that Caylor rolled off the couch once. I felt terrible and had Blaine give Caylor a blessing! I was so afraid I had broken my baby. I just didn't realize he could move like that and I only looked away for a second! I know how it feels. But just know you are a great mom. ;)
Post a Comment