and one week and four days.
Cami was sick with roseola on her birthday, and then I forgot about the doctor's appointment I scheduled on Canadian Thanksgiving, and since Blair took the day off, the appointment just slipped my mind! I'm losing it, I swear. Luckily, I got the doctor's office to waive the $50 (FIFTY BUCKS!?!) missed-appointment charge for this one time. How does that look when your first appointment at the new pediatrician's office is missed. Blah. At least I really liked the doctor she saw today. Looks like I know who to ask for from now on...
Anyway, back to the task at hand. Cami is doing fabulously, of course.
She is:
31 1/2 inches long (75th percentile)
23lbs 1.8 oz (50th percentile)
and her head is in the 45th percentile
She has shattered all the developmental milestones that could be expected of a 15 month old, including saying 6 or more words.
She says:
mama
dada
baba
hi
yes
no
puppy
what's that? (meaning what's that, I want that, I want to go over there, etc etc)
"Hi" being her most absolute favorite thing to say. Especially in the grocery store, to every single last person she sees.
and oh boy, does she ever use jargon. It's quite hilarious...
After going back and forth on the weaning front, I have made an executive decision (with a go ahead from the pediatrician) to keep the bottle in her life for now. I tried a few times to wean, always running into roadblocks...teeth and sickness and such...and when I did have her weaned for a couple of days, she didn't drink enough milk, and only wanted to sip her sippy cup and carry it around with her. When she drinks from a bottle, she drinks the whole 8 ounces in about 5 minutes, and then brings me the bottle to show me she's done. Seeing as the main concern with babies and bottles is tooth decay, and seeing as she seemed to be much more at risk for cavities while sipping on a sippy cup all day long, I decided she was better off with the bottle. The only thing I was worried about was that she was getting TOO much milk (she gets two 8 oz. bottles a day) but to my delight, the doctor recommended she get 16-24 ounces, so I can actually give her more if I want to! (She loves the stuff...) As much as I was ready to do it my way without the doctor's go ahead, I do like to have their professional opinion to make me feel extra sure I'm doing what's right for her...Happy day!
One little side-note: Cami's doctor noticed that she had asymetrical fat folds on her legs (they're stinkin' cute, but apparently could be a sign of a problem). She recommended that we get her hips x-rayed to make sure they aren't being caused by asymetrical hip growth. Chances are, she is perfectly fine, but I guess it is much easier to correct a problem like that right now, than if we wait until she gets older. I'm sure it'll amount to nothing...
Every day this girl gets more fun. And more crazy. And more "assertive" as the doctor puts it (I call it pushy, bossy, and determined, but I guess 'assertive' sounds better).
We just love this little lady...
No comments:
Post a Comment