...Christmas Lights!!!
Okay, I'm thankful for a lot more than that, but I have to say that getting the lights put up was the highlight for me this weekend. And not just cause I got to go out on the roof, even though I was initially told that I was absolutely forbidden. Tehe.
I am also thankful that my family was able to come and have Thanksgiving dinner at our house! They stayed the whole weekend so that they could see me sing in church on Sunday, and I really should be so ashamed that I didn't take a single picture. We had a 23.2 lb turkey that we only ate about a third of on Thursday night, yams, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, rolls, pumpkin pie, apple pie, and GRAVY (which my dad made, and which was HEAVENLY!).
Blair had been sick with some kind of cold, and when he told me not to drink from the martineli bottle after him, I laughingly disobeyed and was punished for it. I got sick Saturday morning, and let me tell you, being pregnant and not being able to take much for relief is no fun. Tylenol can only do so much...Blah. My throat is on fire, and I've got some moderate body aches. I was this close to calling off the musical number that I sang in church today, but I just really wanted to get it over with and not have it nagging at me through the rest of the holidays. I was really lucky that I had an amazing accompanist (JD in our ward) to take some of the focus off me. He did REALLY well.
But getting sick while my family was here wasn't all bad. It was so easy to just go lie down and not worry about whether Cami would get taken care of. Dad even babysat all morning (and afternoon...oops) Friday while the girls went shopping and while Blair worked. It was fabulous. :)
Anyway, sorry about the wordy post with no pictures, but tonight when it gets dark, I promise to go get a picture of the house with the lights on and post it ASAP...
1 comment:
Yay! I'm so glad you all got to have Thanksgiving in your new house! My husband and I hosted both our families in our house this year, too! It was so fantastic. :)
Sorry you are sick, though :( I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment