We put Cami down for bed in her toddler bed last night for the first time. She was all about it until we shut the door. She didn't get upset, mind you, she just climbed right out and came looking for us with this "That was fun, but I'm ready for bed..." look on her face. So, we tried one more time, for good measure, and she stayed for quite a while. We were downstairs watching a DVR'd House episode, and about 15 minutes later I heard the pitter-patter on the floor of her cute little feet.
Now, I know there will be a day, probably sooner than later, that hearing that sound will cause my heart to drop, but last night, it was music to my ears. For some reason, I just thought it was so stinkin' cute. She climbed up on my lap, and lay down with me on the couch and just watched TV with us for a good 30 minutes. My Cami doesn't do stuff like that, so you can only imagine how much I loved it. Anyway, at about 9, we took her back upstairs and put her down in her crib. She was happy as ever to be in the *right* place, and fell right to sleep.
I must say that once the toddler bed had arrived and we had set it up, I was pretty excited about getting her right into it and seeing her make that huge step. I have to admit that part of it was me being excited to get her into her new room so that I could paint and decorate baby boy's nursery. But I was reminded last night that Cami is a girl that does things when she's ready. With so many things, I have tried to influence the progress she makes by trying this trick or that trick that I learned from a book or a friend or wherever, and at the end of the day, if Cami isn't ready to do what I want her to do, then she just won't. Then one day, when I least expect it, she just does it. I figure that's how it'll be with this transition. I'm glad that I have come to that realization quickly this time around so that I can just sit back, relax, and let the REAL boss take charge of this...
But I am really, REALLY glad we've got a good 2-3 months before little mister arrives...
And I can always paint the bathroom in the meantime...
3 comments:
I am so not ready to put Caylor in a toddler bed! I want to wait until he is old enough to understand the concept, right now I think he would be so confused. I am nervous about doing the toddler bed thing, he does so well in his crib. Keep me posted on how things go!
That is too funny! And I am sure those cute little feet sounded so precious!
He he he. She is such a funny girl. Im sure she will catch on soon. Her bed is so cute and she looks so big in it!
Post a Comment