Wednesday, March 31, 2010

35 and 35

I'm always anxious for Wednesday to roll around so that I can officially say I'm one week farther. I hate countdowns. They make the time crawl. so. so. slowly.

I keep telling myself we have 2-6 weeks left (assuming I give birth between 37 and 41 weeks), just to make it sound shorter. Not sure it's really helping today...

My eyelids are fighting with me and my pelvic bone is screaming. Those are my two biggest complaints. Also, my belly frequently catches a draft as it likes to slip out from under even my biggest maternity shirts. Thank heaven for those uber stretchy tanks from Target that I totally splurged on. (17 bucks/camisole? Yeesh...) but seriously, I don't know what I'd do without them. And at least I'm likely to continue using them for a while after pregnancy to hold in the mush that this child will leave behind...

I started doing a Yoga class at the YMCA last week. It has been really good for me, I think. I feel slightly more energetic (slightly being a key word here), and much more clear minded. That hour of focusing my mind on breathing, stretching and holding poses has really helped level my emotions. Definitely something I plan on continuing.

On a side note:

Cami spiked a fever last night and threw up in her carseat on the way home from Kohls. The plus side: she was an angel for an hour and a half in the store because she was so weak from the developing fever. The down side: the easiest shopping trip in months came with a steep price.

I had to pull into a gas station just minutes from our house to clean her up, make sure she wasn't choking on her own vomit, and to calm her down. I hate that I hesitated to hold her. I stood her on the pavement to take her shirt off first. She was so upset. I knew as I was doing it that I would regret it, but I really don't think I could have kept myself from throwing up from the smell.

There's something about taking care of a sick child that really tugs at my maternal heartstrings. I'm not sure it's possible to feel so much love for a child under any other circumstances. When they are so helpless, and just need you so much. You really can't get that anywhere else.

As I was finishing that last sentence, Cami woke up from her nap prematurely. Looks like her fever is hanging on a little longer...poor girl. Motrin has become one of our best friends lately...

Hopefully we can kick this sickness soon, as we have a fun weekend planned with conference, friends, BBQ, easter, and family.

Happy April!

1 comment:

Tyler and JoAnna Hamilton said...

I'm jealous of your three week headstart! :) I sure hope Cami feels better...Tyler and I often joke about "enjoying" the snuggle time we get when Ax is sick...something pretty sorry about that...