Thursday, October 7, 2010

Waiting for the kids to wake up.

I thought I'd get that down in writing so that I would remember this moment. You won't hear me saying words like those very often...but we have plans tonight, and I'm just waiting for BOTH kids to wake up so that I can get them ready to go.

Noah has been sleeping like a champ the last two days. And I mean during the day, cause he has always slept like a champ at night. Yesterday he took a 3 1/2 hour nap from 2:30 to 6pm. It worked out great since it was my first week going to YWs, and I ended up having both kids with me. He also stretched his feedings out from every 2 hours to every 3 1/2 or so. I was hoping the feeding schedule would stick, but we are doing a 2 1/2 hour thing again today. The naps, on the other hand, are going great again today. He slept from 9:30-11:30 this morning, and I put him back down at 2, and it's almost 4! That's two 2-hour naps! Looks like a schedule of sorts might be a possibility in the near future!

I've also started to feed him cereal twice a day, an hour after his first morning feeding, and another around 5pm. He doesn't seem to care about eating much, unless it's whatever we have, but I can get him to finish the bowl half of the time...really, I'm just trying to get myself into the habit of feeding him so that I don't get lazy. (though some would argue that solid food feedings might have something to do with the awesomely long naps...)

Cami is potty-training. Again. And I'm trying to just stay cool about it, but I'm getting the feeling that Cami just thinks it's a fun game, and that wetting her pants is the same as wetting her diaper. She pees, I change. Same as before. The first day, when she would wet herself, I would just act sad, and she would get all sad, too. Then she would ask to sit on the potty, and nothing would happen and we would put new clothes on. I tried to act like it wasn't a big deal. Day two kinda ended up being a flop just cause we had errands to run, and then YW's, and so she really only wore panties for like...2 hours the whole day. That equates to ONE wet outfit. Today is day 3, and well...every time she pees, she just acts all silly and won't look me in the eye when I'm acting "sad" about it. That's why I think she thinks this is a game now. So the question is...do I maintain the "it's no big deal, but it's just sad that you are peeing your pants every hour or two" or do I take on a more aggressive..."you're in trouble because you are beeing silly when this is serious" kind of role? I don't want to make her resent the potty training, but sometimes that girl just needs some firmness in order for her to do what she needs to do. So I'm torn. But either we'll figure it out, and she'll master it, or we won't, and we'll just give up and try again later. Either way...we'll survive.

That's all for now. Noah's up!

1 comment:

Sierra said...

I am trying progressive potty training this weekend with Caylor. If it works well, I will recommend the book to you! Hope all goes well, keep me updated.