Thursday, February 16, 2012

I'm think I'm ready to tell you something.


I'M PREGNANT!!

That's really about as excited as I'll be able to get for the next few weeks. Blair is announcing to the staff at work today, so I figure I'll come out with it. I'm still not ready for it to be all over Facebook (please don't make comments there) But, Since I'm a private blogger anyway, and know who is reading, I feel comfortable sharing with all of you. (or maybe I should say "the TWO of you...")

Things are rough. I've been sicker than I was with my other pregnancies, and have been throwing up every couple of days. I'm down 7 or 8 pounds from where I started (I was no lightweight, but still...) and probably look LESS pregnant than before. That's my only consolation, though. I'd take rapid weight gain any day over feeling like this. I've been told more sickness = girl baby, so who knows. I was more sick with Cami than with Noah, so maybe we'll keep a nice pattern going.

My unofficial due date is September 16th. That puts me just shy of 10 weeks. I'm having an ultrasound at my next appointment to determine a more exact due date, so I'll update it then.

And PS. I'm really happy about it. We were trying, so this is a welcome thing. I just don't feel great, so it's hard to do a dance and sing a song about it. You understand, I'm sure...:)

Also, it might be confusing to see my backdated posts following this one. I wrote them on the days they say they were posted, but I didn't post them until after posting THIS post. So...you didn't miss anything. :)

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Yay! I'm glad you're telling people. And grouchy that you're still sick. And I'm also feeling like a jerk since I was NOT one of the friends who helped you out or brought you things when you needed it. You are always such a great friend to me, hopefully someday I can be such a friend to you! And only a few more weeks of the sickies, right??!?! :) Congrats again. :)

Kevin and Rachel said...

Your timing is immaculate. Tess is 10 weeks old. It's incredible. Congrats! How exciting!

ConnieB said...

Hey Laura I was thinking about you and thought I'd drop in. Congrats! That is so exciting!! Hope all is well over there.