Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Woke up last night at 4 am to go to the bathroom. As I lay back down, I realized how intensely hungry I was. I tried to ignore it and get myself to fall back asleep, but it was hopeless. After I ate, I was in no shape to jump back into bed, so I ran a bath and got in. Finally around 5:15 I slipped back into bed. I still couldn't get back to sleep. I was super anxious. For the first time, I actually FELT like this was coming. And soon. When I hit 37 weeks, I hoped and wished that this baby would come that week, but deep down, I knew it wasn't going to happen for at least another week. I was content and confident that I was right. And of course, I was. Laying in bed this morning was the first time I've felt any anxiety about being ready and all of that. I was so sure that I was running out of time that I *almost* jumped back up and started packing the kids' bag and typing up a sheet on how to care for them. I decided that since I haven't really had any major contracting that that was silly, so I didn't.  I'm sure Blair appreciates that...

But I guess today will be devoted to getting ready. I mean, I'm ready. I've BEEN ready. But I always just said to myself that I could do all that loose-end stuff very quickly between contractions and everything would be fine. I don't really feel so confident anymore...

Thankfully, I finally got back to sleep around 6:30 and since I've been SUPER spoiled with children that rarely wake me up in the morning, I was able to sleep until 8 and now I feel mostly human. (If it's possible to feel human with a full-term baby kicking the crap out of you) They camped in the hall until I opened the door. Those sweet kids...

SOOO...not putting any bets on when this baby will come. I don't trust my gut enough for that. BUT, I'm gonna be ready by the end of today. And even if she doesn't come until my planned induction date (the 13th) at least I won't feel the need to lay awake in the early morning hours thinking about how I'm not prepared. :)

No comments: