From what I’ve read, the little tike is between the size of a jumbo shrimp, and a tomato. (a bad comparison in my opinion since there are SO many kinds of tomatoes out there…) It’s incredible to think that that jumbo shrimp/tomato is a real live human being. Growing. Inside of me. It’s amazing, really!
I think that every time I go to the Obstetrician for a checkup I’ll be nervous when they start looking for the heartbeat. It’s such an agonizing feeling when they are moving that little microphone around on your belly and at first they can’t find it. You start hearing something and they say “No, that’s you!…No, that’s you, again!” When you finally hear that faint “thump-thump” that’s beating almost twice as fast as your own heart beat, you can’t help but let out a deep sigh. Turns out he (or she) is still alive and well!
Speaking of the sex, if I knew of a way to do it, I’d start a poll so everyone could guess whether it’s going to be a boy or a girl. So far I’ve had 2 people tell me they think it’s a boy. Blair thinks it’s a girl. I have no idea at all! Am I supposed to have some kind of ‘feeling’ about this sort of thing and just know?–I hope not!
“Am I showing?” you ask. Not really. If you didn’t know I was pregnant, you MIGHT see a little bump on my belly and wonder if I was, but you’d be too unsure to ask, worried that I would be offended if I was just letting myself go a little. In some ways, I probably looked more pregnant before I got pregnant, what with all the weight I’ve lost. Maybe next time I post, if I’m showing, I’ll add a picture for kicks! I’ll try to keep up with this every 4 weeks or so. Time’s going to fly!
Until next time…
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment