Sunday, February 17, 2008

18 weeks down, 22 to go! Almost halfway!

Well, it’s about that time again! We’re 4 weeks further down the road, and time is starting to fly by a little quicker. The nausea is becoming a thing of the past, and I’m really starting to enjoy being pregnant!

A week ago today, I felt the baby move for the first first time! Now I feel it pretty regularly, and it’s like feeling flutters or ‘butterflies’ in my stomach. I keep trying to get Blair’s hand on my belly in time to feel it, but it seems as though it’s a little too early for that. It sure makes the whole thing become more real now that I can actually feel someone moving around inside me. It also helped me when I went to the doctor to not feel as anxious as he was looking for the heartbeat. That’s a relief!

first-bump.jpg

I’m posting a picture of my little bump. It may be small, but it’s there! Speaking of size, I weighed in 5 lbs heavier than I did at my last visit, so I’m definitely on the right track!

I bought my first pair of maternity pants a week or so ago. I was getting tired of having to cover up my unbuttoned pants at work, so I went in search or something that would expand throughout the pregnancy. I found just what Iwas looking for at Target, as far as pants go, but I’m having a little trouble finding affordable tops that actually look…decent. Anyone have suggestions? I can find several things online, but I hate buying clothes online…

At this last visit, we scheduled the ultrasound to find out whether we’re having a boy or a girl. For the record, I’m officially guessing that we will have a boy. :) I’ll probably by wrong, but it’ll be fun either way! We’ll be getting that done on March 10th, so expect another update around then!

Until Next Time…

Laura

No comments: