She's really okay (at least I think so...), but I had to write a little about last night. Cami is usually an amazing sleeper. She does still wake up once or twice a night for feedings, but she usually goes straight back to sleep as soon as I'm done feeding her.
Last night, she woke up for her usual 3 o'clock feeding. I put her back down, and went back to sleep. She then woke up again, just 15 minutes later. I thought it was odd, but I went in there, rocked her a little bit, and put her back to bed. I guess it was about 4:30 when she woke up again. I say 'I guess' cause Blair didn't come to get me until closer to 5 to tell me that she was soaking wet and to ask me if I had given her any Tylenol recently...he wanted to give her some and didn't want her to overdose. At first I thought maybe her diaper wasn't on right (I did change it in the middle of the night...you never know) but then I smelled her wet hair, and it was definitely throw up.
By now, she was wide awake and actually quite cheerful (the cute girl can't help herself...). I rocked her and tried to feed her, but she didn't want to eat. I put her back to bed, but she was wide awake, so I decided to go watch some Grey's Anatomy until she got tired again. She started to...but then, all of a sudden, she started to scream bloody murder. About 10 seconds after she unloaded in her diaper, she started heaving. Then the throw up came...it even started coming out of her nose. After she finally got it all out, I just held her. She seemed to feel so much better and her eyes immediately started to droop. I gave her a quick bath (she was covered...), put some fresh pjs on her, and put her back to sleep. She woke up again at 7:30 and I fed her and put her back down. Then she slept till 10:30. She was so exhausted...and I was too.
I have to say that when things like this happen, I just can't help but melt with love for her. Sure, it's cruddy to have to get up in the middle of the night and take care of a sick child, but at least this time, I couldn't help but love her to pieces. I felt so bad for her, and I just wanted to hold her and make her feel better. I just hope she's not actually sick and just had a tummy ache...
4 comments:
awe man! Poor Cami! I hope she's feeling better soon.
Aww poor little girl! I hope she is feeling better now. I HATE it when babies are sick!
I hope she feels better soon too! It's the worst feeling when your baby is sick.
oh the poor thing. and poor mama too!! the stomach flu has been going around. alexa had it a couple weeks ago and it wasn't fun. but she was so sweet during it all and when i would give her something, like her lovey, or a drink, she's say "tane too mommy". talk about melting your heart!! i hope cami feels better soon!
Post a Comment