Monday, January 26, 2009

I (think) it's Food Poisoning.

Never had it before, but from what everyone tells me, especially Blair...that's what I am going through at the moment. Throwing up several times in the middle of the night followed by the dreadful D-word. My first thoughts were of Pregnancy, and I about flipped out. That was what kept me awake half the time, if not the nausea. If you know me at all, you know that I've said things like "I'd love to just go ahead and have another right NOW." Well...after last night, and after all the memories of 'morning sickness' started flooding me, I decided I'm just not ready yet. All I could think about was how I would possibly be able to take care of Cami if I felt this way 24-7 like last time. My biggest concern was that she doesn't take a bottle or a sippy or anything else for that matter. How would she eat if I couldn't feed her? I know people nurse while they're pregnant, but some just can't. It seriously freaked me out.

Just wait, though. I'm sure I'll forget these feelings in a couple of weeks and will back to my optimistic, baby-wanting self. If it weren't for our bad memories, would any of us have more than one? I wonder that a lot.

Oh, and if anyone is out at the store today...that lives by me...if it's not too much trouble, some Ginger Ale would be amazing. Haven't eaten all day, and can't get myself to go out. I need my Mommy...

(sorry...I'm not trying to get pitty...just have to write something down about this day.)

Update: STEPHANIE C. IS AMAZING!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura! i have had the same thing! AWFUL! i have also had the same thoughts you are having! its too funny! i never want to deal with morning sickness again! UGH!street thinks its food poisoning but i think it was the stomach virus that ha been going around, whatever it is i dont like it! hope you feel better!

Marissa said...

yuck. That does not sound fun! I have never had food poisoning and I hope I never do too! And as far as the pregnancy thing... I know how you feel!

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura... that stinks! I had a stomach virus last week with allllll those symptons! You probably just got a bug, it is certainly going around this time of year!

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

Laura I am so sorry to hear, I wish I would have known yesterday I would totally have gone to the store for you! Let me know if I can do anything today!

Janis Arntz said...

Oh, Laura, I'm so sorry you have been sick...I just saw your blog today. I've been trying to call you, but the cell system isn't working...probably the ice storm. I hope you're better today! I love you...