My Aunt wrote this post about her take on the Facebook world. I thought it was interesting...hopefully she doesn't mind me linking you to it: CLICK HERE TO READ
Hi Laura! Yeah, I think you are right...blogging is more like journaling for your own benefit. I just love looking at yours though. I feel closer to you and your family when I do. I wish some people that I know wanted to because of that. Oh well, I do love yours. You are so cute and funny and I just LOVE seeing Cami. But, you know, whatever, if no one wants to do it with me I don't care, West loves to get on our family blog and read it. West's parents also get on in Mexico City, although they never make comments. It's all a big learning curve. I'll figure it out. Love you! Give Cami a kiss for me. xoxoxo
I agree with your Aunt... I wish more people would blog than be on Facebook. However, I LOVE Facebook so much. I've tried so hard to live without it in the past, not checking it for a whole summer break or winter breaks - but it's how I stay connected to all my friends and family. Almost ALL of my family is on it now, or at least one representative from a particular family, that keeps me posted on what is happening. I knew when my cousin was having a baby or had her baby before mom did because she wasn't on, so now she got a Facebook, too! It's just crazy. As much as I wish I wasn't dependent on it, I hate feeling like if I stopped using it I would lose all my immediate connections to my close friends and family (don't really care about the people that I'm friends with simply because we had class together and it was easy to figure out what the heck was going on in class if we talked on fbook).
But blogging was my first internet love. I've been a faithful blogger on three different blogging websites since 2002. In high school, way more people blogged, but that was before Facebook. I wish more people would blog again. It's much more personal and fun.
3 comments:
Hi Laura! Yeah, I think you are right...blogging is more like journaling for your own benefit. I just love looking at yours though. I feel closer to you and your family when I do. I wish some people that I know wanted to because of that. Oh well, I do love yours. You are so cute and funny and I just LOVE seeing Cami. But, you know, whatever, if no one wants to do it with me I don't care, West loves to get on our family blog and read it. West's parents also get on in Mexico City, although they never make comments. It's all a big learning curve. I'll figure it out. Love you! Give Cami a kiss for me. xoxoxo
Wow, I didn't even see what you said on your blog, how cool and sweet of you!
I agree with your Aunt... I wish more people would blog than be on Facebook. However, I LOVE Facebook so much. I've tried so hard to live without it in the past, not checking it for a whole summer break or winter breaks - but it's how I stay connected to all my friends and family. Almost ALL of my family is on it now, or at least one representative from a particular family, that keeps me posted on what is happening. I knew when my cousin was having a baby or had her baby before mom did because she wasn't on, so now she got a Facebook, too! It's just crazy. As much as I wish I wasn't dependent on it, I hate feeling like if I stopped using it I would lose all my immediate connections to my close friends and family (don't really care about the people that I'm friends with simply because we had class together and it was easy to figure out what the heck was going on in class if we talked on fbook).
But blogging was my first internet love. I've been a faithful blogger on three different blogging websites since 2002. In high school, way more people blogged, but that was before Facebook. I wish more people would blog again. It's much more personal and fun.
Post a Comment