Friday, February 5, 2010

As I lay awake last night waiting to fall asleep, I did some thinking. (I've been sleeping much better the last two nights...thanks for asking!) My mind wandered to the hospital room 19 months ago when I was relishing in the beauty of my tiny little baby girl. Hopped up on pain meds with mood swings being a thing of the past, I really don't think I could have been much happier. I don't get all mushy-gushy emotional very often, but I couldn't help but lay there in bed last night, beaming with excitement with the thought that I get to experience that all over again. I know I do a lot of complaining, and frankly, It's not about to stop. I complain and vent because it helps me get the feelings into words and my emotions back to level. But I just want the record to show that I am so grateful to be pregnant again and expecting another child. If it weren't so hard, it wouldn't be so worth it. I have a long list of things to be grateful for, and being able to be a mother is up there on the top.

1 comment:

Tara Black said...

Well said, Laura. I agree, pregnancy is hard, but the gift is all worth it. Hope that you are feeling well!:)