Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I might regret it...

Cami slept a full night's sleep in her toddler bed last night. No shorter or longer than she usually sleeps in her crib. I couldn't be prouder. I didn't take a picture so as not to ruin it...But that's not what I might regret...

Today I thought..."we're going to pretend the crib is no longer an option." So when naptime rolled around, I tucked her in her bed, and left. Of course, it didn't work. I went to take a nap myself, and about 15 minutes later, found her in the boppy bouncer in the baby's room, with the music on. It was stinkin' cute, mind you, but not exactly what I was hoping for.

So, I let her play for another half hour, and then decided to try something totally against my own very strict rule to never EVER let her sleep in my bed. EVER!

I laid her down on my side, tucked her in, and proceeded to *pretend* to go to sleep on Blair's side. I snapped at her every time she would try to sit up. It only took two (2) snaps before she kept that pretty little head on the pillow, and she never picked it back up. She is now sleeping, and has been for the last 40 minutes.

I call it a success, but hopefully this doesn't create future problems. Honestly...if she took every future NAP in my bed, I would not care. At least I don't think I'd care... What I'm worried about is bedtime. I don't ever intend to let her sleep in our bed at night, so I hope she doesn't get that idea...

3 comments:

Tyler and JoAnna Hamilton said...

I think it sounds fine...no different than lying down with her in her bed until she falls asleep. I'm so glad about the toddler bed success last night!

Jodie said...

I let Clark sleep in my bed for nap time...though he is obviously a bit older. I think that if you're consistent "this is where you sleep for bed time" she should be able to understand. Good luck!

Kelli said...

Same thing happened with Kaylan! She naps in our bed every day and sleeps in her own bed at night totally fine. I actually like having her nap in our bed... Sometimes that's the only one-on-one time we have together.