Monday, June 13, 2011

Jar of Fun-part one

I have this really awesome friend I was talking to one day about how I am kind of a crappy mommy. More like a glorified babysitter, really. I never do fun things.

A few days later, I had this really awesome friend over to my house, and she brought me this amazing gift. A "jar of fun". Have you heard of them? Well, all it is is an old jar of peanut butter with a bunch of pieces of paper with little mini-activities written on them. You draw one out and then you DO the activity. Right there on the spot. Most of them require little to NO planning ahead, so they can be spontaenous (which is my kind of activity).

First we drew "make sugar cookies and decorate them". Well, my kitchen sink is jammed full of dishes, so PASS!

Then we drew a few more until we found one we really loved, and this is what we ended up doing: 



She had no idea what confetti was, but she was still excited!!


She was having a hard time with the hole pucher, so I let her use scissors instead. She's been practicing her cutting skills a lot lately, so this worked out great. 


OH BOY, did she love it! 






Probably her favorite part was when I let her throw them all over me. :)




Noah woke up and could not believe how much fun we were having without him. He thought it was the coolest thing EVER.






He got a little bummed out when I wouldn't let HIM take the pictures...




Um...does he not have the most gorgeous hair?

So here's to not being the crappiest, most boring mommy on the block. At least for today. Thanks to my really awesome friend, Jodie.

7 comments:

Shanon said...

I love this idea!!! What are some other ideas to put in the jar. My guy would love this...we do little things but I run out of new ideas! Such cute pictures! What a FUN mommy you ARE!

Jessica said...

Theses are some of the greatest pictures ever! Looks like soooo much fun!!

Jodie said...

See? You ARE an awesome mom! That looks like so much fun, and is even something I have passed over because I didn't want to deal with the mess. But you've inspired me to try it too. I'm glad that your kids loved it!

Tyler and JoAnna Hamilton said...

LOVE!

Elizabeth said...

I'm pretty sure I need my own jar of fun! Your pictures are so great; you can just see the pure joy on her face! What a fun mom!

Brynn said...

I love your hair curly and I love that I can see part of your house and I love confetti and I love you!!!

Stephen Arntz said...

These pictures really are amazing. I hope you don't mind if I get some prints of them and put them in my house. :)